Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eco - schm-eco

Well, trying my hardest, but it's hard when you're lazy, and when Marks and Spencer have a meal deal on... so tempting. But I am thinking of where the food has come from, and how much recycling I will have with all that packaging.
Need to get back on the eco beauty. However, I have suffered with acne for years, and the only good thing I have found that works all the time in Olay. Very weird. Not sure how sustainable or how eco friendly it is. Nor am I sure what damage the chemicals may be doing. However, my acne is bearable, and my skin glows.
I did buy some eco washing balls though. These are used instead of detergent. They seem ok, and if I get 200 washes for £5, I will be extremely pleased.
I wonder if it is worth trying to convert other people, or whether it is just easier to do your own thing. I have very materialistic friends who shop at Primark and buy accessories to match every outfit. I also have a mum who is happy to buy my little girl crap (necklaces etc) that she doesn't need. They just end up as landfill. And don't get me started on my mother in law who buys value packs of bacon - 1kg for £1. I don't even know if it is from a pig! I'm sure it is a badly reared pig, injected with all sorts of steroids and then the bacon will be full of water and binding agents. Bleaurgh.

So along with ecofriendlyness, I am also on a mission to declutter and simplify my life. It's working for me, but not so much for my husband, who is a horder. We could do with a garage to horde, but unfortunately that was one of our compromises when we bought this house. I keep looking at trademe.co.nz - looking at houses in NZ for if ever we make the move back there. If we do, we will have to unhorde our lives.
Of course, that decision is a whole other blog post.....

No comments: