Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mamma Mia

Maya and I attended the Mums and Bubs session of Mamma Mia at the movies today, and I have to say that it was fabulously cheesy, and I loved it!
However, there is a song toward the end that I have never heard before called "Slipping through my fingers" Its a mother singing about her daughter growing up, and how she feels she is losing her... well, you can imagine - I cried my eyes out. Poor wee Maya must have thought I had lost the plot. It moved me enough to dash out and immediately purchase the CD, and I have been playing it all afternoon.
I think I will have to retire to bed now - I am red eyed and emotionally fraught. Oh dear, my girl is only 3 months old - how will I actually cope on her first day at school/graduation/18th/wedding...?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool thing to do! I want to see that movie - two foxy older men in it as well! BTW - now you have given birth you will ALWAYS be emotional! There is no going back! :)

The Mrs. said...

I would have bawled too!!!