Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2 minute makeover


I love make-up.

A couple of years ago I was seeking a passion in life - and decided that make-up was it. My lovely hubby bought me the Bobbi Brown vanity case, and I treated myself to some brushes. Every month I would set out on my pilgramage to the Mecca that is the MAC counter and splurge on an eye shadow. I was the proverbial kid in the candy store.

Personal fovourites: Viva Glam VI lipstick, and Bobbi Brown Bone eyeshadow. Item I can't live without.... YSL Touche Eclat- what else?


So how am I coping at the moment? With a new baby I just about have time to brush my teeth in a morning, never mind sit for 20 minutes painting my face.

Thank goodness for post natal hormones thats all I can say. My skin has never been better. I do not have a pimple to cover. And that is huge for me after a lifetime of acne (2 times on Roaccutane!)

That aside, I am desperate to get into some sort of routine that allows me to "get some slap on" just for the sake of it. I am missing the pampering, the preening and the feeling of looking in the mirror and seeing someone a little bit different from yesterday.

My current 2 minute make-over comprises of mascara and Purelan nipple cream (I've discovered this is the best lipgloss in the world - it beats Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream hands down!)

My passion has been sparked again this afternoon when I discovered that Bobbi has created personalised palletes. She is selling individual square eyeshadows and blushes which slot nicely into a sleek pallete with mirror. I am coveting.... http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/whatsnew/wn_getpersonal.tmpl Favouries look to be Slate, Steel, Smoke and Navy. However, I may have to plan a trip into the city next week to check them out in the flesh, so to speak. I wonder if I could schedule a make-over in between feeds?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobby Brown is fab - they sell it discounted at Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet - when you get 'home' you'll have to check it out!

The Mrs. said...

I am seriously make up challeneged. I need you to give me a makeover!

The Mrs. said...

Ps I'm your first bloglines subscriber! Do you know about it?