Monday, June 23, 2008

A lazy blogger and a hungry horace

Ok, so I am officially a lazy blogger! But, come on, I have a 7 week old daughter who is a complete hungry horrace, and I have not figured out a way to breastfeed and type at the same time.


My wee girl is quite amazing. This week she has given us 5 smiles each day, has developed a unique facial expression which I have entitled "disgusted French chef" and now makes a lovely high pitched sigh after she sneezes. How much cuter can she get?


I think she may end up being a fine food connoisseur - that'll teach me for watching the Food Channel while under house arrest after my waters broke. At the moment she is just being a complete glutton - lining her stomach for all the lovely tastes which may come her way in the future. She had her first taste of Baby Pamol today and loved it (so did her mum, I had a moment of regression into my own babyhood.) We took her for her scary jabs, which were scarier for mum and dad than they were for her. She was absolutley fine. I think she is used to needles now after all the pokes and prods in the Special Care Unit.


I promise not all my blogs will be of baby boredom! But seriously, I am so proud of my wee girl. Look how far she's come already...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - didn't realise she had been in Special Babycare - bless! It must have been heartbreaking - glad to see she is a lot stronger now!

Kiwi Crellins said...

She was in there for 9 days. Its heartbreaking now when I look back at the photos, but strangely at the time it was fine. I guess you get on and deal with it - no other choice. Also, we knew she was going to be absolutely fine - everyhing she went through was "normal" for an early C-section baby. Also, it could have been much worse - imagine if she'd been born when my waters broke at 31 weeks!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Just found your blog- your baby is beautiful! It seems like she has come a long way in her short life so far.